Atma Nirbhar – Ek Challenge (ANEC)
It is an economic rehabilitation and empowerment project for the disabled (estd. 1996). ‘Atma Nirbhar – Ek Challenge’ means, ‘Self Reliance – A Challenge’.
There are very few employment opportunities for the unskilled disabled persons in developing countries like India. ‘Atma Nirbhar – Ek Challenge’ shows that, given due consideration an facilities, the disabled can become productive and contributing members of society.
Equal opportunities for the disabled, a fairer and a greener world.
- Implement sustainable employment projects for the disabled
- Improve quality of life of the marginalized, living in residential welfare institutions.
- Take small steps to make our world a better and greener place.
- The NCPEDP – Helen Keller Award - in 2000 from Mrs. Sonia Gandhi
- The National Award for the Welfare of Persons with disabilities - in 2004 from President Dr. APJ Kalam
- The Chief Minister’s Best Community Action Award for Development - in 2012