Assam Foundation of North America
Assam Foundation of North America is a publicly supported non-profit organization with foundation status serving since 1982, under section 509(a) of the Internal Revenue Code with tax exemption under section 501(c)(3) with Tax ID. #: 61-0994468.
The Foundation's Objectives
Assam Foundation of North America encourages and facilitates organizational and individual efforts to further mutual understanding and cooperation between Assam and North America. Assam is a state in the north-eastern part of India.
The foundation specifically seeks to:
- Assist institutions in promoting social, cultural, technical, medical and educational exchanges between Assam and North America
- Encourage and recognize contributions toward the betterment of Assam and toward the promotion of goodwill and friendship between Assam and North America
- Provide technical journals, text books and equipment to institutions of learning, health care institutes and other organizations serving Assam and North America, and acquire Assamese materials and materials on Assam for concerned persons in North America
- Channelize humanitarian efforts at the time of natural disasters in Assam and North America
- Serve any other cause deemed worthy of assistance and mutual cooperation
Learn more about our work by reading the current executive summary at: